Which filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could anyone give me some advice on best pressure filter for my new pond as I have a Bermuda 2000 4 in 1 in water at present with 10 small goldfish but it’s blocking every five six days . I was going to upgrade to a pressure filter either Laguna or OASE but not sure what size to get the pond is 175 gallon about 800 litres raised been running two months with plants. The 4000 models don’t look big enough but the 6000 about right size but would the flow be too strong for size of pond .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Frogs welcome 68.gif
@LisaM
Some have set their filters in a screened container to keep large debris from clogging them. Others have wrapped the filter w/mesh or netting of some sort also. I have some netting w/not too tiny of holes around a small filter/pump fountain in my frog pond and this has helped 100%. I hardly ever have to clean it out now. It's been like a year or so and the little fountain is pumping water up just fine. If you use too small of mesh or netting than the outside will clog up and no water can flow through.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks J W yes I found adding filter wool between black sponge and bio media has helped as the debris seems to be sludge fish waste but I think the filter is not big enough that’s why I would like to upgrade to an external pressure filter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which pressure filter is best Laguna or Oaze or Eheim and what size should I get for 175gal planted raised pond with ten goldfish ?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have never used externals. Lots here use the externals so be patient for more replies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Which pressure filter is best Laguna or Oaze or Eheim and what size should I get for 175gal planted raised pond with ten goldfish ?
The best one is the one you can get service and parts for in your area. And I agree as far as I am aware eheim is indoor use only. The other 2 I have never used but I do know oase goes to a more professional level that does laguna

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thankyou all for replies I opted for the Oaze as GBBUDD it seems the easiest for supplies I went for the 6000 as it’s big enough to get biomedia from old filter in the bottom so I don’t have to recycle again. The pump is 2500 LPH so hopefully not too strong see how it goes .

Ask a Question