Weeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some flower beds near my pond, I`m afraid that if I use something like round up. It will get into the pond, what can I use that will kill the weeds but not harm the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Depends on a few factors, but if the weeds in question are right next to the pond, I generally do it the old fashioned way & pull by hand. If you're talking about just one or two, select weeds that need removal, then you can put a barrier (tube, bottomless bucket, paper bag, etc) around the weed and selectively spray (the barrier around the weed will contain any overspray & prevent drift into the pond) If your weed problem is being caused by self-seeding & you want to prevent them from sprouting, you can spread corn gluten meal over the area (it stops productive germination of seeds)

But, at the end of the day, I'd rather have a few weeds than risk getting contaminants into my pond.

Ask a Question