UV lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed a pondxpert tripleaction 3000 and can’t see if the uv bulb is on, so i don’t know if the uv ls working, how can i test it out of the water to check. Thanks for reading.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. I don't have one of these but according to the manual there should be a translucent disk on the strainer cage that will illuminate with a working bulb.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome sparky cats.gif
@katkins

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bulbs in our rarely used system don't seem to be that bright so it's difficult to see if they are working in daylight. We have to check at night for the one outside. The others are in a garage, so we turn off the overhead lights in there to check those.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum. I don't have one of these but according to the manual there should be a translucent disk on the strainer cage that will illuminate with a working bulb.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks

Thanks JRS for your feedback, there is bulb that is suppose to illuminate if UV is on, but I’ve been informed that because the UV is a faint light its difficult to see if its on during daylight, so have been advised to check at dusk, but the problem there is its under water and the water is very green hence the reason i bought the pond pump. Is it possible to have the pump out of the water switched on to see if the UV filter is lit up. Thanks for reading

Ask a Question