Update from Bagsmom

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hey, Gang! I have been out of the picture for three weeks. Much to tell. In a nutshell, we went to build my Dad's pond. He desperately wanted to be involved and was helping us dig. We were using stakes and strings to check level and he kicked back into one, fell, and broke his hip. Husband and I did what we could for the week we planned. Then he drove home and I stayed another two weeks to help and finish the pond. I think the pond turned out well but the accident was a huge bummer. I will post pictures in the thread about the pond when I get them.
PS - is there a way to drop a short video into the posts?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sad that happened to your dad and hope he heals fast so he can enjoy the pond! Yep youtube only way I know to add a vid. Go there, make an account and they show you how. It's pretty easy once you do it. Don't forget to make your vid set for public to view or we can't see it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Photos posted in construction section under Planning a New Pond Project

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like addy said you have to place it on youtube first it's very easy even from a phone, Go to the youtube site and make your own page, once you do that look for a plus sign + click on that and it will ask where the video is . then you just follow the promps, now it does get a little annoying as sometimes in order to save your text you have to click on the back button WITHIN YOU TUBE to get you back to the first page of your video click upload and when it finishes copy the web address then come back here .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
i'm going to design hip guards the elderly need a bummper on their bumpers
So true! But man, the fall itself could have happened to anyone. I can see it happening in my head in slow motion. I had said to husband and father: "I feel like we should take out these stakes. Someone is going to trip on them." Both fellas thought the Safety Patrol Lady was being overly cautious. I wasn't!!!!!! He took a slight step back and forgot the stake was there. It totally threw him off balance and down he went.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Hey, Gang! I have been out of the picture for three weeks. Much to tell. In a nutshell, we went to build my Dad's pond. He desperately wanted to be involved and was helping us dig. We were using stakes and strings to check level and he kicked back into one, fell, and broke his hip. Husband and I did what we could for the week we planned. Then he drove home and I stayed another two weeks to help and finish the pond. I think the pond turned out well but the accident was a huge bummer. I will post pictures in the thread about the pond when I get them.
PS - is there a way to drop a short video into the posts?
Oy! What a bummer! But at least you got the pond done. My larger half, aka His Honor the Chef, broke his hip last year while (get this!) singing in a concert. He stepped back to fix his costume for his solo, only there was no "back"; he stepped right off the riser! He did continue singing though...

Looking forward to seeing the pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Boy when they say oposits attract they ain't kidding . Yeah my mom builds ponds, is a writer, and ownes a new barreta and plays with plastic explosives . While dad is a chef a soprano and his honor. You must have some interesting offspring

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Boy when they say oposits attract they ain't kidding . Yeah my mom builds ponds, is a writer, and ownes a new barreta and plays with plastic explosives . While dad is a chef a soprano and his honor. You must have some interesting offspring
Aw come on! I haven't played with plastic explosives in ages! And it's a Mossberg, not a Beretta. That was ages ago as well.

But yeah, my Larger Half sings in two different local groups: a Barbershop group and a Renaissance group. Both are acapella and these days, he sings bass. He's managed not to fall over during the past two concerts, so I count that as a win!

And yes, interesting offspring, though I contributed unconventional parenting rather than actual DNA to the mix. They mostly came out sane... ;-)

Ask a Question