Too much rain

Reaction score
Country
United States
This summer has tested my irrigation work around my pond. I have no direct run off into my pond, but I do have a new problem. My pond is going on its 4th summer, and for the first time I have run off from the crazy rains, that is ponding under my bog. It actually pushed up the liner in one area, all the way to the water surface above. It went down on its own, but it makes me nervous. I have a lot of clay here in mid Missouri, so it makes sense this happens when we get 3 to 5 inches of rain in just a couple hours.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This summer has tested my irrigation work around my pond. I have no direct run off into my pond, but I do have a new problem. My pond is going on its 4th summer, and for the first time I have run off from the crazy rains, that is ponding under my bog. It actually pushed up the liner in one area, all the way to the water surface above. It went down on its own, but it makes me nervous. I have a lot of clay here in mid Missouri, so it makes sense this happens when we get 3 to 5 inches of rain in just a couple hours.
Uh oh you have what we call a Hippo under your liner. I've never had one so I'll let someone tell you how to correct that issue that knows.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
get a open pipe down to the waters source where it is starting to build have the other end come up to the surface / path of least resistance give the run off somewhere else to go unobstructed.

Ask a Question