Too Many Lilies...

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you're in the Morris County (NJ) area and are interested in acquiring 2 free water lilies, please let me know.
Netting is due to the GBH that comes my way.

IMG_0642.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1624490454723.gif
@zam_koi
Nice looking pond and your net is perfect for keeping that darn bird outta there! I had to put a net over mine also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 140435@zam_koi
Nice looking pond and your net is perfect for keeping that darn bird outta there! I had to put a net over mine also.
View attachment 140435@zam_koi

Thanks. Been a hard season last year. I had two Scarecrows set up last season .. lost about 30 Koi. GBH came by a few months ago. Decided to put up the net this season. Dealt with the parasites he introduced.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is what it looked like before the netting... :(

View attachment 140460

View attachment 140461
My pond is completely screened in so I may be off base in suggesting you should be able to set up a net that can be 'drawn back' when you're around and then put back when you're away, no? I realize with the hoop system, the hoops are probably going to stay, but if you had two poles, one at each end, and string up a steel cable between, you could make a sliding 'tent net' that will deter the herons/predators while being less obtrusive and easily pulled out of the way.

Just an idea; I'd surely do this if I had an open air pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So far so good for me taking away the flight path seems to have worked for me .

Nice job looks very natural

Ask a Question