Stock Tank Bog Attachment to waterfall

Reaction score
Hello all, As is often the case it seems lately, I have a leak. I purchased a 100 gallon Rubber Made stock tank to use as a bog filter, notched out a section on the edge and attached the waterfall liner over the edge and to the inside of the tank. I foamed in a flat rock over the edge and it attaches to my waterfall. Sounds basic and it was working fine, but now has become problematic. I have gone through soooo many cans of waterfall foam ( I have the black hands and arms to prove it) trying to seal up any place where the water can seep between the liner and tank. it is still happening. Uhg! My question is, should I have maybe attached the liner to the outside wall of the tank? I am at the point of having to rip it apart. Also any suggestions besides pond liner tape and black foam for attaching the liner to the tank. Just curious what the other options may be. Thanks!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Would use something similar to how it is attached on a biofalls or skimmer ie a plate. It clamps the liner in place it’s bolts go through everything with nylon nuts on backside gooping the liner up with some type of water proof adhesive like silicone or whatever.
Also could have drilled a hole in side of container near top add a bulkhead and a piece of hose sized to the bulkhead to get it to spill back in to pond.

Ask a Question