SMALL PONDLESS WATERFALL POND

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am very new to this. We’ve moved to a house that has a pond. It uses a Creekstone 264gph submersible pond pump that has stopped several time and was dismantled & cleaned well. It has a stainless steal pin that’s a bit beat up. What I’d like to know is could I I go up in power with a Creekstone 620gph submersible pond pump which has an inline flow control valve. Or is there something better out there for me? Thanks for any assistance.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Sorry, but I’m not familiar with that pump. This group is a great resource for finding equipment — lots of experience.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomewave.gif
@Bigpock
Haven't used or heard of that one,sorry.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Let me amend that question then. if you substitute a pump of 264gph with a pump of 620gph that has a flow adjustment, does that new pump motor have to work harder?

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Are you concerned about hurting the pump with too much restriction? A manufacturer flow adjustment should keep the pump within safe parameters. As long as the minimum flow works for your setup, you should be fine.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Are you concerned about hurting the pump with too much restriction? A manufacturer flow adjustment should keep the pump within safe parameters. As long as the minimum flow works for your setup, you should be fine.
Thank you! That is just what I needed to hear. Appreciate it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it's a question we really can't answer as we have no clue about the size of the pond . and if a 600 gph will be too much flow for your pond theres a good deal of difference between a 200 and a 600 yes splitting the pipe can help as can ball valves

Ask a Question