Rainy day "visitor"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Coming to you from rain-soaked western NC. Been pouring off & on since last night & we've already dumped 5" out of the rain gauge, with another inch or so accumulated! Not to mention, it's not over yet & the worst is yet (predicted) to come! Sigh.

Anyway, earlier this afternoon I had the dogs out in the yard for a 'it's not raining too bad, so let's try to go potty NOW!' moment, when we ran across this little scoundrel:
snapping turtle 01+.jpg

He's so cute! But, we really, really don't want him taking up residence, so.... I sent Hubby out in the rain this afternoon to relocate the little beastie. He was taken down to the bottom of our property & released (OK, dumped out) near a spring, outside of the dog-perimeter fence.

I'd say "when it rains, it pours" but at this point, I'd rather not reference the storm action.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Coming to you from rain-soaked western NC. Been pouring off & on since last night & we've already dumped 5" out of the rain gauge, with another inch or so accumulated! Not to mention, it's not over yet & the worst is yet (predicted) to come! Sigh.

Anyway, earlier this afternoon I had the dogs out in the yard for a 'it's not raining too bad, so let's try to go potty NOW!' moment, when we ran across this little scoundrel:
View attachment 165787

He's so cute! But, we really, really don't want him taking up residence, so.... I sent Hubby out in the rain this afternoon to relocate the little beastie. He was taken down to the bottom of our property & released (OK, dumped out) near a spring, outside of the dog-perimeter fence.

I'd say "when it rains, it pours" but at this point, I'd rather not reference the storm action.
Hoping and praying all you people in that storm zone keep safe! From the tv news it looks like it's getting wild to say the least!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

View attachment 165787

Stay safe -- looks like NC is getting hammered.

Ask a Question