Pump Vault Water Top Off

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got another thread going regarding the frequency of topping off my water level in my pump vault. I'm currently troubleshooting to make sure there's no leaks, etc. Either way, I'm going to install some kind of a auto refill system.

My pump vault is a diy, made from an 18" culvert pipe, and as such, I'm pretty sure the popular Aquascape "Hudson" valve simply won't work in my case. The outer rings on the culvert, plus the fact that the way my vault is, I need to place an auto valve deeper into the vault. Suffice to say it would require way more retrofitting than I want to mess with.

I see that Hudson also makes water float valves without all the fancy Aquascape mounting brackets, etc. My plan is to get a 1" inlet valve, and simply purchase some pvc, or brass fittings to feed through my current vault hole (for cables) and down, cut to length so the float is at the needed height. Then I'd attach possibly a water hose, which of course would be from my house.

I can make the hose mostly invisible, I guess I could also just find a 1", or maybe smaller plastic tubing, but then I'd have to find a way to attach to my spigot, as well as how to attach it to the water valve.

Anyone ever done something similar, or think there's a reason this wouldn't work? Here's a pic of the float valve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240821_164531_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_164531_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ask a Question