Pump Connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - second post and potentially a dumb one, but here goes.

I'm struggling to connect things to things.

I'm using 32mm PVC waste pipe and 32mm flexible pond hose to build a bog filter. But I don't know how I can connect the hose to the pipe.

I've built the filter with uniseals - and they're working brilliantly for the 32mm waste pipe. I've used that to construct the internal piping for the filter, with just regular 32mm push fit connectors. All good.

But I've no idea what I need to use to connect the waste pipe to the flexible hose. Nothing I've bought online seems to fit, and my local stores have really poor stock that doesn't seem to do the job.

Is there a thing I should be asking for?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you tried searching "1-1/4 insert coupling to pvc" 32 mm should be same. The use of rubber flex connectors and clamps are my go to when connecting items so I can remove later.:barefoot:
1000003963.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Stainless hose clamps? They are in the plumbing section here. I think that’s what I’ve used in the past, although that type of tubing isn’t the most reliable. You just have to watch it for cracks. Not sure exactly if I’ve seen that, but what @velokoi pictured looks interesting. For use on solid PVC I like to use FERNCO couplers, but not sure they would work on the flexible tubing (may be called something else over there. I think FERNCO is a brand).

IMG_0821.jpeg
IMG_0822.jpeg

Ask a Question