Pool to pond conversion. Plant shelves

Reaction score
Country
United States
First post for me.
We only have steps that go into our pool. In process of adding plants and building a bog.
the bottom of the pool slants toward the center where it is about 5 ‘ deep. Trying to figure out how to develop planting shelves on the sloping bottom of the pool. Oops, pond. 😎

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome flag.gif
@CLippincott28

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am converting my pool currently as well so am not giving any verified info but I have been thinking about building a floating bog and also dropping something like a mesh bag (either a super sack or a growing media bag) to build some lower plant habitats-figured I'd put my 2 cents in to learn together

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's many ways to go about a conversion. from making the bottom an upflow wetland filter
To building a bog up on the copings and have a liner divert the water back into the pond but keep in mind the coping usually rounds up.
You can also build shelves along the sides with cinder block and stone. To get you to the height for plants this too could be a wetland bog under water in the pond with a divider

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Deb G Hello and welcome! Your questions are going to get lost here, in someone else’s thread. Why not post a separate one to address your particular situation and questions. All of our ponds are unique, so what works for one……might not work for another.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Do a search on here for the member jimmy Gibson, he DIY’d some shelves for his pond which was deep, maybe not 5’ deep but to deep for most plants with no planting shelves

Ask a Question