Pond assistance needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a long established pond in my garden, which was there when we bought the house. It seems pretty deep in places, well over 1m in the middle. The water doesnt have great clarity and a few days ago the waterfall stopped running, so i have been looking into the setup to establish whats there so i can work out what to do.

Essentially, i have found the hose that is in the pond to draw water - it has what looks like a sort of half ball or suction cup on the end, but its not attached to anything else. It runs up a slop to a Kockney Koi Large Black Box filtration system, with a UK lamp. It then has a return pipe to the waterfall where it returns to the pond.

The Black box is 2/3rds full, so water isnt reaching the level of the 2 pipes to feed the return pipe. I'm guessing this happened when the water stopped flowing up to the box.

I havent found a pump on my search. I started to wonder if it was a siphon loop, but im now starting to doubt that. My fear is there may be a pump in the middle of the pond somewhere, but i have no way to see it.

Just wanted to check in with some more knowledgeable folks to see if i am missing anything obvious or if anyone has any advice. If i could see easy access to power, i was half tempted to just buy a pump and connect it to the hose, but i cant see the power yet. I can tell the UV lamp on the black box is powered, so just going to try locate that.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
_welcome-100.gif
@rn123

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Check around the edge of the pond for an electric cord. I'm guessing the half ball is where the pump was connected. If your uv is still working see where that is plugged in. Pump plug should be there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Pictures really help.

Ask a Question