Pond aerator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I installed a PondXpert Electroair Compact 2400 in my pond a couple of months ago. It has four airlines but I only connected two and used the heavier sinking tubing. For the last week or so, it works when switched on but then stops after a time, then switches on again.

On the advice of the supplier, I completely dismantled it but the diaphragms etc all looked fine and it hasn't made any difference. I thought it may be overheating but I have attached all four lines now and, again, the problem persists. Strangely the four lines do not all stop at the same time!

I would be grateful for any advice.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming proper continual line voltage, sounds like an overheating or a motor issue. Have you checked the power supply connection also? Did the company mention a breaker/thermal overload on the pump? Not sure myself if an air pump would even have one. Did not see anything mentioned in the instructions.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hello frog665.gif
and welcome @Toady

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming proper continual line voltage, sounds like an overheating or a motor issue. Have you checked the power supply connection also? Did the company mention a breaker/thermal overload on the pump? Not sure myself if an air pump would even have one. Did not see anything mentioned in the instructions.

Thanks for the welcome and your interest. I also suspect it is a motor problem and will be sending it back to the supplier. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi

I installed a PondXpert Electroair Compact 2400 in my pond a couple of months ago. It has four airlines but I only connected two and used the heavier sinking tubing. For the last week or so, it works when switched on but then stops after a time, then switches on again.

On the advice of the supplier, I completely dismantled it but the diaphragms etc all looked fine and it hasn't made any difference. I thought it may be overheating but I have attached all four lines now and, again, the problem persists. Strangely the four lines do not all stop at the same time!

I would be grateful for any advice.
sounds like a small pump and if you try to push water too deep into the pond the pump may not be able to handle it a a thermal kickout occurs

Ask a Question