Mixed fry ??

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I have a pond in our garden and a few months ago introduced a few gold fish and a few koi. They have been doing really well and the pond is very well constructed. When i got the fish I asked if they would ever spawn and the guy told me “not for a few years”. Well sure enough they spawned a couple of weeks after he said that and literally the pond is filled with HUNDREDS of little fish!
The goldfish we had originally were yellow and red “classic” goldfish, 3-4 speckled koi and 2 white /ghost butterfly fish.
The fry is literally all colors of the rainbow! Many plain yellow and red but many specked red and white, a few “translucent” pink and many with very distinct patterns.
They seem to be thriving. I’m not sure how to post a photo but if anyone can let me know please do!
So my question is are they goldfish? Are they koi? Are they mixed?? Are they ok?? 😆😆

Reaction score
Country
Greece
IMG_5125.jpeg

I got the photo thing down. This is one part of the fish!

Ask a Question