Lime green water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have just returned from holiday and found my pond very murky and a lime green colour. I am relatively new to pond life and need er come across this before.i have had slightly green water before but my uv tubes usually sort that problem out.Can anyone please tell me what could be causing this problem and how to fix it.
Thanks in advance. Steve

Attachments

• 20240311_144718.jpg
    20240311_144718.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 19

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Definitely an algae bloom. How old are your UV tubes? They degrade with age. Was someone feeding for you? Sometimes fish sitters are overzealous with the food causing excessive nutrients. How long were you gone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely an algae bloom. How old are your UV tubes? They degrade with age. Was someone feeding for you? Sometimes fish sitters are overzealous with the food causing excessive nutrients. How long were you gone?
Hi thank you for your reply.Iwas away about 10 days and someone has been feeding the fish but only with instructions not to overfeed. my uv tubes i renew at the end of every march and never seems to be much of a problem.this is something i have never witnessed before ,its just horrible and not sure how to tackle it.

Ask a Question