Lilies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone advise me about what lily would suit?
My pond is 500 gallons, basically a large water tank sunk in the ground and 40 inches deep. So I need a lily that i can put on the bottom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for replying. Other than white we not that bothered. The reason I'm reaching out is we have tried a couple from garden centres with know success which makes us think depth of 40 inches is the problem. This pond is approximately 20 plus years old and we did have a lily before but two years ago it just died.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I searched and searched before I bought one and ended up with a Wanvisa Red and I have been extremely pleased with it. I fertilize it about once a month through the growing season and it just blooms and blooms. And the blooms are not just red! Mine are on a shelf and on a milk crate so they're only about a foot underwater. These are all from one root about 3 years ago. Happy shopping.
20240624_114125.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
40 inches is deeper than most lilies want to be, but you can raise it from the bottom. Some people use a milk crate or a cement block or an upside down clay pot in the bottom of the pond to act as a shelf to raise the lily closer to the surface. Most prefer to be around 30 inches below the surface I've found.

Wanvisa is beautiful, Colorado is another favorite. Both are profuse bloomers and easy to grow.

Ask a Question