Just a quick introduction.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello from central Texas. My name is Dustin, and we have had our current pond for about 4 years. It is about 8'x13'x3' deep, at its deepest part, and I estimate it to be about 1600 gallons. This is our second pond, the first we put in about 30 years ago at a different house. They were both DIY installs, although I did hire someone with an excavator to dig the new pond. I'm too old for that now.
I have learned a lot, over the years, and I am looking forward to learning even more through this forum.

Attachments

• pond.jpg
    pond.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 19

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum Dustin. Very nice spot you have there.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much, J.W. The dog is one of three that are so happy we have installed their huge drinking bowl. And we do have fish. We have Koi, Shubunkins, Comets, and common minnows from the bait store. We put the minnows in after we relined the pond before putting the other fish back in. We put in one dozen for mosquito control, now there's probably 100 or more. If this keeps up we're going to have to start selling fish bait.

Attachments

• 20240818_092956[1].jpg
    20240818_092956[1].jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hello from central Texas. My name is Dustin, and we have had our current pond for about 4 years. It is about 8'x13'x3' deep, at its deepest part, and I estimate it to be about 1600 gallons. This is our second pond, the first we put in about 30 years ago at a different house. They were both DIY installs, although I did hire someone with an excavator to dig the new pond. I'm too old for that now.
I have learned a lot, over the years, and I am looking forward to learning even more through this forum.
Oh that's lovely Dustin and with a pupper to boot :) Nice job, love they setting. Welcome.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nicely done, nice slice of solitude. I too put bait minnows in the pond fortunately they do not over winter well in new England and I lost 99 percent of them only the biggest dozen of them survived THANK GOD. But I was not talking a 100 I put in a good handful don't remember how many exactly and before I knew it I had literally close to a thousand they were everywhere in abundance. If not for the cold I would have a sunny bluegill or pumpkin fish in there and may yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nicely done, nice slice of solitude. I too put bait minnows in the pond fortunately they do not over winter well in new England and I lost 99 percent of them only the biggest dozen of them survived THANK GOD. But I was not talking a 100 I put in a good handful don't remember how many exactly and before I knew it I had literally close to a thousand they were everywhere in abundance. If not for the cold I would have a sunny bluegill or pumpkin fish in there and may yet.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our neighbor is having a sprinkler system installed, so we asked the people to come over and give us an estimate too. Turns out, it is the same guy who dug our pond! So he is now going to give us a bid for the sprinkler system, AND a bid to enlarge our pond as well.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Great pond and pup!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):