Injured grass carp

Hev

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all our large grass carp jumped out of our pond and landing on dirt and stones flapping for a minute before husband got him back in breaking net during as going mad. Anyway had cuts and grazes and blood all over him for week or so and tail went dark red now I’ve noticed this morning green muck attached to wound area
What can we do ? He doesn’t appear to be eating like he does l, anyone got advice ?

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you tested your water? "...all our large grass carp jumped out of our pond and landing on dirt and stones" That is not normal for all of the fish to jump out like that. Ammonia poisoning or some sort of electrical shock issue is about all I can think of. Ammonia tops my list especially with the red blotches on that and other fish. Can you isolate the fish in a large hospital container? Look on this site for treating fish with wounds. There is plenty of information on here. But most important, is your water quality.
Here is one post that might help:

Hev

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tested your water? "...all our large grass carp jumped out of our pond and landing on dirt and stones" That is not normal for all of the fish to jump out like that. Ammonia poisoning or some sort of electrical shock issue is about all I can think of. Ammonia tops my list especially with the red blotches on that and other fish. Can you isolate the fish in a large hospital container? Look on this site for treating fish with wounds. There is plenty of information on here. But most important, is your water quality.
Here is one post that might help:
Hello Stephen sorry I didn’t word the start right I was saying hello all ….
Then meant to say our one grass carp jumped out

Ask a Question