Indoor lotus plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I’m going to try growing lotus/waterlilies in bowls in my house. I bought some aqua scape planting medium with some river stones to hold it down. Has anyone here ever tried this? I need directions help too if anyone knows about doing the bowl thing? Anybody have answers?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have grown tropical water lilies indoors but have no experience with Lotus indoors. My experience was sort of backing into the project rather than trying to make a dedicated lily bowl. Back when living in the frigid trundra, I brought my tropicals indoors and in the spring and kept some of the division indoors in a blindingly bright aquarium. They produced leaves but never flowered. After moving to Florida I acquired more tropical lilies and kept them in a stock tank in our sunroom. The sunroom gets sun blasted from spring to fall and while the plants leaved profusely, they never flowered like the ones outdoors in the ponds. I should say that I never went to the effort to get the lilies to bloom indoors. They might have had I done that. They were kept as 'top cover' which they admirably provided.

Ask a Question