ID this weed in my dry creek bed?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Can anyone ID this weed? It's taking over my dry creek bed, and although it's easy to pull, it's constant work. Trying to decide if I fight it or let it make it a green creek bed. Need to know how tall it gets, how invasive it is, etc.

It has kind of a "cat tongue" scratchy feel to the leaves. In Southern Vermont, zone 5.
20240814_123520.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Google says it's https://gobotany.nativeplanttrust.org/species/erigeron/annuus/ and that does grow here and I've seen it in it's tall form (wildflowers), but just want to know more about it's habit and get second opinions on if I should let it grow along the border of my rock wall or not.
i let fleabane grow in one spot of my yard one year and now I'm constantly removing it from flower beds. It spreads easily and rapidly. if that doesn't bother you, let it grow. if you want to keep it contained, get rid of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
i let fleabane grow in one spot of my yard one year and now I'm constantly removing it from flower beds. It spreads easily and rapidly. if that doesn't bother you, let it grow. if you want to keep it contained, get rid of it.
Thanks. Will keep removing it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
looks like a orange trumpet flowering plant with yellow center humming birds love them but are very invasive but very easy to remove is the stalk hollow and almost snaps? native to all cooler states throughout the US.

Ask a Question