How to Hide Submersible Pump?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I just finished removing the submersible pump from the bottom of my pond to clean the intake and the bottom of the pond, badly overdue. As you can see in the pictures, the water is now flowing copiously, and the pond is clearer than it has been since I bought the house. You can see that the fish are happy now. :) I had to remove several hundred pounds of rocks that were covering the pump, for appearance, I guess. That was a JOB! I won't be putting those rocks back in there, appearance or not. As you can also see in the pictures, the pump and the line are now quite visible.

It would be nice if there was some means of hiding the pump and the water line, without all those rocks.

I was considering making a loose fitting sleeve out of some fabric to cover the line, maybe camo canvas or something like that. After a year or two it should blend right in with the bottom and sides of the pond.

As far as the pump itself, I was thinking about one of the faux rocks that everybody uses to cover the filter and such as that, but those things are a bit pricey.

What kind of material for that sleeve would last being submerged like that? Any better ideas?

Anybody have any better suggestions for something (lightweight) to cover the pump with?

20240821_153018_resized.jpg

20240821_153032_resized.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
I've had luck using a piece of slate to cover things I didn't want visible. Not super light weight, but better than stacking a lot of rocks around it. I actually used silicone to glue a PVC board frame to the slate to make a fish cave. That might be a viable option for you here.

You could always skip the slate altogether and just make a box out of weather proof PVC boards. They eventually get covered with algae and are hardly noticeable. With this option or the fake rock cover you'll likely have to find a way to weigh them down as they'll float.

Good luck!

Ask a Question