How to grow water lilies in a deep pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
We recently rebuilt what used to be an old cattle pond on our property, this time as a koi pond. We would like to add water lilies. Unfortunately there are no shelves, and the pond drops to 5 feet deep almost immediately from the edge. My husband hung a few baskets containing various tall water plants and secured them to the edge with rope, but this may not work well for the water lilies since the basket and rope will show. We also looked at floating planters but aren’t sure they will look natural. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Newbies.gif
@DLong
I suppose you could add some kind of a waterproof table to set them on, dark colored so it does not show up or several plant stands that will stay upright. Not really sure w/that deep of a pond. Hopefully someone else has some ideas.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just has yellow hardy lily reack over 5 feet tall. Make a shelf with milk crates if you need a little more height

Ask a Question