Hi! I'm building a swim pond in western CT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, nice to meet you my name is Ben and I'm building a swim pond in western CT. My wife and I moved into our new house 4 years ago, during the pandemic. It's on 4 acres, 2 of which are wetlands. It's a new house that was built on the uphill side of a gently sloping former farm field in Newtown CT. The first thing I did even before the house was finished was to plant a fruit tree orchard - we have about 25 apple, plum, pear and cherry trees that are reaching maturity and doing great. My new project is this pond. I've always loved natural water swimming and can't wait to see the dream materialize! After thinking about it for a year or so I decided to purchase the plans from Total Habitat / Natural Pool Academy. I'll start a separate pond building thread and put pictures up as we go. I expect the actual construction will be done around Thanksgiving.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awelcomedoggie.GIF
@btoby203
Very neat idea!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome @btoby203 what type of setup is this . A farm pond a swimming area surrounded by wetland filter. Air driven or pumps. I have never heard of these folks which means little. I too am in ct but I am central.

Ask a Question