Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I only have a small pond, but it's been successful with wildlife, and the fish have bred year after year (YAY!). I hope somebody here can help. I had to buy a new pump for our small pond - PondXpert MightyMite 2500 Pump from pondkeeper.co.uk. It all went well until it came to connecting it to the existing hose. I contacted pondkeeper and they were polite but they struggled to understand exactly what I meant. Here is the problem:

We’re struggling because some parts that we would need to be threaded are not, and a bit of vice versa. I hope the picture below helps. With the previous pump, the thin end of D went perfectly into the hose C, but we cannot find a way of attaching anything to the output A. B is too big for the hose, and E and F are too small for everything, and unthreaded.

Any suggestions? I'd be sooo happy for some help.

Thanks so very, very much
Overambitious on Wheels

Attachments

• attachment problems with new pump .jpg
    attachment problems with new pump .jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 14

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

I can’t help you, but I can offer my solution: visit your home improvement stores (that sell PVC pipe and fittings). Draw out WHAT needs to fit WHERE so you can keep track of it. Take your fittings to the store with you to “try out” sizing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome!

I can’t help you, but I can offer my solution: visit your home improvement stores (that sell PVC pipe and fittings). Draw out WHAT needs to fit WHERE so you can keep track of it. Take your fittings to the store with you to “try out” sizing.
Thanks, mmathis!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome!

Thank you, TM!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I only have a small pond, but it's been successful with wildlife, and the fish have bred year after year (YAY!). I hope somebody here can help. I had to buy a new pump for our small pond - PondXpert MightyMite 2500 Pump from pondkeeper.co.uk. It all went well until it came to connecting it to the existing hose. I contacted pondkeeper and they were polite but they struggled to understand exactly what I meant. Here is the problem:

We’re struggling because some parts that we would need to be threaded are not, and a bit of vice versa. I hope the picture below helps. With the previous pump, the thin end of D went perfectly into the hose C, but we cannot find a way of attaching anything to the output A. B is too big for the hose, and E and F are too small for everything, and unthreaded.

Any suggestions? I'd be sooo happy for some help.

Thanks so very, very much
Overambitious on Wheels
Take your pump and a section of your hose to a hardware store so that you know what size the threads on your pump are and buy fittings that work. All you need to do is find something that screws onto the threads on the pump on one side and which will fit into your hose on the other side. You'll want to slice off a little bit of your hose so that you can take that with you to test fit it onto things in the store. I bought all my pump hose accessories at Tractor Supply in the chemical sprayer section.

Ask a Question