Growing Pitcher Plants Vs Venus Fly Traps

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
I currently have a pitcher plant located on the side of my pond. It absolutely loves it there and is easily grown 20x just this season. Due to the fact it is doing so well I'm considering getting another variety of carnivorous plant. I'm located in Belmont, NC (zone 7). My question is:

Is it safe to assume that a Venus Fly Trap will also flourish in the location where the pitcher plant is located or are those harder to grow and I should just stick with the pitcher plants?

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I currently have a pitcher plant located on the side of my pond. It absolutely loves it there and is easily grown 20x just this season. Due to the fact it is doing so well I'm considering getting another variety of carnivorous plant. I'm located in Belmont, NC (zone 7). My question is:

Is it safe to assume that a Venus Fly Trap will also flourish in the location where the pitcher plant is located or are those harder to grow and I should just stick with the pitcher plants?

Thank you in advance!
I can only give you my experience-- I have 3 established pitcher plants, a sundew and one flytrap in my bog. The pitchers are doing just great but the flytrap is really not doing much. Color is fine, looks bright and healthy but just not vigorous.
Oh, I do have a pitcher at the edge of the pond and it is not nearly as happy as the ones in gravel in the bog. Glad to hear yours is doing well.

Ask a Question