Free Giving away Goldfish near Reading, PA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to prune down some of my baby goldfish collection as they are just spawning like crazy.

I’d say I can probably easily give away about 10 in various sizes from tiny baby that are still black to second year that have turned full orange. Some may still have black stripes down their back.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looking to prune down some of my baby goldfish collection as they are just spawning like crazy.

I’d say I can probably easily give away about 10 in various sizes from tiny baby that are still black to second year that have turned full orange. Some may still have black stripes down their back.
Have you looked into advertising locally? Most of us on here are kinda far away, but there might be neighborhood groups that would hit more people where you are. Anyway, I’m maxed out on goldfish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel I posted appropriately on this forum
There are +13k members. I am sure there are some people near me.

Thank you for the advice though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The problem is that most people here also have too many goldfish!

Those 13,000 people are scattered all over the world so the chances of any of them living in your local area is pretty small. All of them, maybe the majority of them, are not active here any more and will never see your post.

Goldfish are so readily available everywhere that no one is likely to travel any distance to get them. So, it's more likely that posting in your area will get a response. Not a guarantee, but a better chance.

It doesn't hurt to post it here, and you may get lucky. I hope you do. But it can't hurt to advertise them where you live, too.

Ask a Question