Fish mate pressure filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine worked for years. Now when I discharge the water, the flow slows down after 30 seconds like normal but no dirty water comes out. I cleaned the dirty sponges and that didn't fix it. I'm thinking that the sponges are getting stuck in the discharge function and not coming back to the top to start filtering again. I was thinking of using a lubricant spray on the inside of the bucket but I don't know what kind would be safe for my koi. Thanks, Mark

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
greet_100.gif
@MarkSz
No clue on that filter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine worked for years. Now when I discharge the water, the flow slows down after 30 seconds like normal but no dirty water comes out. I cleaned the dirty sponges and that didn't fix it. I'm thinking that the sponges are getting stuck in the discharge function and not coming back to the top to start filtering again. I was thinking of using a lubricant spray on the inside of the bucket but I don't know what kind would be safe for my koi. Thanks, Mark
No lubricant spray will be safe for fish

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

I can’t help as I’m not familiar with that type of filter, but hopefully someone on here can help you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thats the same as a aquarium filter ehiem or the fluvals same filter / i'd be willing to bet your pump is a magnetic drive meaning theres a magnet surrounded by copper coils OUTSIDE the water and a string or similar has got into the spinning point and thus has slowed down. One thing for sure i doub't it's big enough for 3000 gallon pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, @MarkSz! I agree with @GBBUDD, no spray lubricant. I would put it on the work bench and completely disassemble it. Perhaps a bog filter as a replacement? They really work...

Ask a Question