Filter advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi be on here, thanks for letting me in. I set up a pond last year with the intention to upgrade the filtration later. I have a 2300gallon pond roughly. Looking at upgrading the filtration. Would a Nexus 220 be man enough as a stand alone filter? Or would I need extra filters on top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running a eazypod on a 923 gallon pond and seems to be doing the trick. Your Nexus is rated for a 4200 gallons using a 10000 lph pump.
What stock and plants are you thinking of adding?
Also suggest to add a bog filter as this is something I missed out on my build and people here have success on a natural filtration method.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. At the moment I'm using two blagdon 12000 amphibious variable pumps with two pressured filters from all ponds. They are rated at 30k each but we all know that's no way near. I knew the filters would need changing so they are on the to do list. At the moment I have 8 koi which are starting to grow now, maybe 8-10 inch. I have a fair few plants in there at the moment. Will probably leave a filter and pump for the waterfall.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1592953721093.gif
@adamr2020

Ask a Question