Elephant Ears

Reaction score
Country
United States
My elephant ears are outdoors, they get around 6 hours of sun light and also shade. Other than rain, I water them a couple times a week and spray leaves a few times a week. They seem to be responding and growing very well. My question is would it be ok to place small decorative rocks around them or sand. They are still fairly small, Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5186.jpeg
    IMG_5186.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5184.jpeg
    IMG_5184.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I think I have the same one. I've got them growing (like weeds) in both the ground and my bog. They're tough! They come back every year and can tolerate the dogs "abusing" them.
1719069953061.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I think I have the same one. I've got them growing (like weeds) in both the ground and my bog. They're tough! They come back every year and can tolerate the dogs "abusing" them. View attachment 164052
Isn't that Taro? It grows around my pond like CRAZY...I also have elephant ear in a few places but it is not doing as well...

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Do you mean accent rocks? or like a layer of gravel or sand? Honestly, either one is fine, as long as it is just a layer over the top of the soil and they aren’t actually planted in gravel or sand, which they can be but you would want their roots in the water table like if it was planted in a bog.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you mean accent rocks? or like a layer of gravel or sand? Honestly, either one is fine, as long as it is just a layer over the top of the soil and they aren’t actually planted in gravel or sand, which they can be but you would want their roots in the water table like if it was planted in a bog.
Show your tropical oasis , it's been years since your remake, it has got to look like the Caribbean

Ask a Question