Do I take pump out during winter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m a bit new to this so apologies, I bought a solar pump with filter and fountain this spring, question is, should I take it out for the winter or leave it running? I’m on the south coast of the uk, so it doesn’t freeze much here, occasionally it will go to minus 2 or 3 but not usually for long.
should I take it out around November time and put it back in in the early spring?

Attachments

• IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    365.7 KB · Views: 13

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it quits running, it could freeze up and Crack.
Really depends on your weather.

I pull our external pump, shut all off for the winter. We do get snow and ice off and on.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hi, I’m a bit new to this so apologies, I bought a solar pump with filter and fountain this spring, question is, should I take it out for the winter or leave it running? I’m on the south coast of the uk, so it doesn’t freeze much here, occasionally it will go to minus 2 or 3 but not usually for long.
should I take it out around November time and put it back in in the early spring?
I think if it was mine I would take it out just to be safe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never took mine out just let it run i live in n.e lincs uk and not had a problem

Ask a Question