Can a Clogged Filter Break a new Pump?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I got a new pump installed exactly 1 month ago. I got a brand new Goulds GT15 pump to get water from the lake and feed the sprinkler system. It worked fine until yesterday. Water is just pouring out and the pump is making a lot of noise. The installer came and said that the pump is now broken because the filter in the lake is clogged and that voids the warranty.

My thought process is.....the filter is going to get clogged eventually.....it cannot brake a pump because of that; specially a brand new one. The pump is supposed to have a temperature protection or something. Manufacturer must consider the scenario. Eventually clog is going to happen. If the pump break each time you have a clog you will have to install a new pump each time.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes pumps can get clogged easily and yes some pumps have a thermal over load detection. but here is another thought you have a pump that is on only and if it was used for watering the lawn was the pump shut down when the pump didn't get to water the lawn, Or was the pump trying to push water to the lawn but the sprinklers were not calling for water

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
garfield.gif
@dbalaciano

Ask a Question