Bargain Fibreglass Waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - just registered and having searched the internet for answers I've landed up here.

I've a wildlife pond, 3 meter circumference and I think about 3500 litres. It's serving it's purpose, got my first frog this year, had newts since I built it, and this year was an absolute festival of dragonflies.

I don't use any filters or pumps, just a float on solar fountain which I rarely switch on and a solar oxygenator.

I'd been thinking of getting a more permanent water movement feature and last weekend came across a bargain 3 stage fiberglass waterfall that would fit perfectly.

The feature has an inlet at the top, about 3cms, and my question was about the best way to marry that inlet to the pump (I've got a new PondHero Superjet 4700 to push water through it).

Should I use an elbow joint? Just feed the pipe through the inlet and mastic it in place? The inlet looks like it has threads - so a threaded elbow joint secured from the inside seems logical.

Thanks.

Mark

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum Mark. I would use the threads on the inlet with the appropriate size fitting for your pump hose, this will allow you to easily disassemble or reconfigure it in the future if need be.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
hi.gif
and welcome @markdemanbey

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
try to avoid 90's but use 45's instead they do not cut down on your gph from the pump a little height and a few 90's and it can cut your water flow down drastically

Ask a Question