Anyone lost a goldfish??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Someone on twitter posted this today, not sure where they are tho. But not to worry, he gave it a good home and a new tank :)
1717271111795.png

1717271232984.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a surplus of fry from two years ago that made it. I want to keep my pond to just the koi and few goldfish that started it all... And then rosey red minnows that reproduce like mad and the one single blue fill that keeps the minnows in check aptly named 'Bluey'.

So these guys just kind of stay by themselves, not social... And just adding to the nutrient load.

I bought a special net to catch them but haven't figured out what to do with them once caught.... But now I know. Just out a bow on them and drop them off at neighbors houses? Haha... Kind of like the old baby in a basket at the door step!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
THATS BIZAR MAYBE SOMEONE HAD A GOLD FISH WHO GOT TO BIG AND TRIED TO THROW HIM INTO YOUR PIOND? DAMN CAPS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nemo? Is that you? Haha!

We have a bluegill that showed up in our pond last summer - no clue how it got there, but he fits right in.

A few years ago we had some friends over and we were out by the pond. The dad was walking his little guy around the pond and came and said quietly "I had to tell you this but you have a dead fish - up there". And pointed to the waterfall area. Uh... there's no fish up there.

Sure enough. Dead bass just laying in the waterfall. Other than dead, it looked perfectly normal and fine. A bird must have grabbed a snack from the big pond near our house and lost its grip as it flew over our pond. Weird stuff happens!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
People need a life. For crying out loud they never heard of flying fish before?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
apparently they've never had a fish disappear from their pond like some of us have ;)
Funny you say that we had a baby bunny the other day this thing would sit in the palm of your hand, a ground hog, squirrels, chipmunk , mom and dad mallards, and a Great blue heron. all of which came up to the new protection around the pond and NO ONE got past the heron even flew up onto the garage looked around for a half hour or so looking for a way in but just flew away so my new overhead protection seems to have worked. i haven't even seen the red tail lately which is sad but fish come first

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Funny you say that we had a baby bunny the other day this thing would sit in the palm of your hand, a ground hog, squirrels, chipmunk , mom and dad mallards, and a Great blue heron. all of which came up to the new protection around the pond and NO ONE got past the heron even flew up onto the garage looked around for a half hour or so looking for a way in but just flew away so my new overhead protection seems to have worked. i haven't even seen the red tail lately which is sad but fish come first
Well that's good news -- all that work paid off and you didn't have to bring out the shotgun!

Ask a Question