Advice on size of Oase Filtral All in one for small pond please :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a small pond Atlantis Tahiti which holds 238l / 53g with two Shubunkins who are now approx 7 inches. In 2017 I was advised to buy an Oase Filtral UVC 3000 which has worked very well at keeping the pond in good condition but it has just failed. I have today bought what I thought was a straightforward replacement .. a new Oase Filtral 3000. However, on comparing the technical spec the flow rate has been doubled from 600l/h to 1200l/h and I'm concerned the water is going to be quite turbulent! Can anyone advise if I would be better off with the Oase Filtral 1500 please? The spec of this does seem lower than my old 3000. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome-pioneer gif.gif
@Jo45

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I would think it would be OK. But, if you're worried about it, can you install a valve to slow the flow? I don't think going from 600L/h to 1200L/h would be a bad thing. However, going from 600L/h to anything less would be a bad thing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would think it would be OK. But, if you're worried about it, can you install a valve to slow the flow? I don't think going from 600L/h to 1200L/h would be a bad thing. However, going from 600L/h to anything less would be a bad thing.
Thank you so much for your answer! I spoke to Oase Tech Support and they also said it should be ok. I've installed it now and the water is more turbulent but my two shubunkins seem happy enough :) Funny how you can get so attached to fish! 🐟🐟:happy:

Ask a Question