addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
dang it @Hound Heaven we got @addy1 where she hadn't added a pup in a year now theres no stopping her
Wellllllll, it is all mental. Losing hubby slowly, replacing that loss with the love of pups.

No more! 10 is plenty

1719062594979.png

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is that a balloon or just a really light beach ball? Would think a balloon would pop. So fun to watch them!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is that a balloon or just a really light beach ball? Would think a balloon would pop. So fun to watch them!
Looks like a balloon, going to search for tough ones or a very light beach ball.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will have 3 taking videos. Never know what the kids will do.

We do need a bit cooler weather. Right now they go out and pant, lay down, even with shade and 8 at night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I will have 3 taking videos. Never know what the kids will do.

We do need a bit cooler weather. Right now they go out and pant, lay down, even with shade and 8 at night.
I get it. Mine went out to chew on frozen rib bones earlier and ditched them when it got just tooooo hot to be out there. Crappy time of year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh no is this what I have to look forward to w/my smaller garter snakes that are hanging around my pond? I'm in Washington and thought I was safe but if they can haul them out and then leave them to die I will not be happy!
It seems like only some of them get going eating fish. The first time this happened was a couple years after I put in the pond, I had bought a bunch of 2 inch goldfish and they kept disappearing or being found dead so I caught the remaining ones and put them in a tub near the pond to see if they had a medical problem. I had seen some unusually large garter snakes around but didn't think much of it until I found them in the tub with many fish gone. Later I caught them pulling the big fish out of the pond (the big ones are too big to swallow, I think the snakes that start eating the small fish simply grow bigger on fish until they are big enough to drag the big ones out. I only see a few of the snakes get large each year and catch the big fish but the ones catching them this year weren't nearly as big as the ones I've found and removed in previous years. I couldn't believe at first it was garter snakes until I kept catching them. There aren't any other kinds of snakes where I live in WA. So just look out for big ones. I think having a constant diet of mosquito fish contributes to the problem because those are easy for them to eat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Not that many anymore. And so far they are small, the snakes.

Removed their hunting hiding spots, don't think they are doing as well.
Didn't you have a snake trap at some point?

Ask a Question